A great part of WHAT we can do depends on how much parent involvement we have. Please don't ever think that you are not needed or your gifts are not appreciated. Your willingness to give your time to the students never goes unnoticed in the eyes of the staff.
Please be involved. Your student will only pass by this stage once!
It is unfortunate that we have to depend on this. The funds generated from this helps us to be more than just a football pep band. There are many opportunities for you to earn money to help offset this. Check the CHARMS account to find out how you can do this!
WHAT A GREAT TIME TO BE A JAG!!
2013-2014 Program ACCOMPLISHMENTS
FBA MARCHING -STRAIGHT SUPERIORS
FBA CONCERT- OVERALL SUPERIOR
White Sands Marching Competition -
BEST IN CLASS COLOR GUARD
FIRST PLACE IN CLASS
Do you want to be reminded about band activities by text messaging?
To (469) 208-6810
The ENTIRE band\CG - Text in message area: @mrkros
Front Ensemble only - Text @frontensem
DRUMLINE only - Text @wfdrumline
Color Guard only - Text @wfhscg
Band Leadership - Text @wfleader
If you signed up last year, you do not have to sign up again.
General Band Information
Want to know what you missed at our parent meeting?
Go to the Parent Page to download the minutes from our meetings.
GREAT JOB BAND! The entire staff is very excited about how everyone has pulled together this year and is serious about becoming a more competitive program.
The vision of the staff is to see that every individual has the opportunity to have a great experience in every performance. As a staff, we strive to instill in the students the idea that great performances are only attained through great effort, sacrifice and a lot of work.
The student leadership is also a vital part in our success. It is with their mature mindset that we are able to go beyond what is normally expected.
Winners choose to work on fundamentals everyday and don't take shortcuts to make things work better. Coaches who have had the most success in their careers have simple formulas.
1) Stick to fundamentals everyday.
2) Treat your teammates like YOU want to be treated.
3) Have respect for the equipment and the training facilities.
4) Give credit to those around you who helped your success. Understand that it took the work of everyone in your team to reach that level.
5) Always remember rule number 1.
Work on the following daily:
1) Scales. Work on them slowly at first. Learning them correctly is the most important thing you can do. Don't rush through them!
2) Music. Work on specific phrases until they are perfect. Don't try to perfect everything at once. How do you eat an elephant? ONE BITE AT A TIME!
3) Sight read. Play something new! Stretch your reading skills!
4) Play something for fun! That is what is all about!