It is unfortunate that we have to depend on this. The funds generated from this helps us to be more than just a football pep band. There are many opportunities for you to earn money to help offset this. Check the CHARMS account to find out how you can do this!
WHAT A GREAT TIME TO BE A JAG!!
2013-2014 Program ACCOMPLISHMENTS
FBA MARCHING -STRAIGHT SUPERIORS
FBA CONCERT- OVERALL SUPERIOR
White Sands Marching Competition -
BEST IN CLASS COLOR GUARD
FIRST PLACE IN CLASS
Do you want to be reminded about band activities by text messaging?
To (469) 208-6810
The ENTIRE band\CG - Text in message area: @mrkros
Front Ensemble only - Text @frontensem
DRUMLINE only - Text @wfdrumline
Color Guard only - Text @wfhscg
Band Leadership - Text @wfleader
If you signed up last year, you do not have to sign up again.
General Band Information
Want to know what you missed at our parent meeting?
Go to the Parent Page to download the minutes from our meetings.
Please check the calendar for times and dates!
Go to the SUMMER CAMP page to get information about what you will need!
Please read the information about commitment!
We are excited about next year! The WFHS band is continuing to grow every year and we are looking forward to doing even greater things this year.
Our success is dependent on everyone's commitment to our vision. Our expectations are explained on our PROGRAM EXPECTATIONS page. Take time to review it so that you will have a better understanding about what we expect to see in every band student and band parent.
Something NEW this summer:
We will have a WOODWIND and a BRASS CAMP in the month of July. We will be focusing on;
1) Fundamentals for each section.
2) Learning the halftime music.
3) Learning new stand music.
4) Forming a great team spirit within each section.
This summer is a great time to improve your musicianship. Work on the following daily:
1) Scales. Work on them slowly at first. Learning them correctly is the most important thing you can do. Don't rush through them!
2) Music. Work on specific phrases until they are perfect. Don't try to perfect everything at once. How do you eat an elephant? ONE BITE AT A TIME!
3) Sight read. Play something new! Stretch your reading skills!
4) Play something for fun! That is what is all about!